Black women naturally have thick short hair which might be a little challenging when choosing a hairstyle which will best work for them. This this write-up, we featured the 20 best short hairstyles for black women worthy trying on your hair if you are a black woman or African American lady. These short hairstyles for black women really look great and can be styled when going to many different occasions such as when going to office, to a wedding, prom or homecoming parties and many more casual , special and formal occasions as you can mention them.
We included the step by step directions and guidelines which will help you when creating and styling any of the
featured 20 short hairstyles for black women. People say that short hairstyles don’t look great to black ladies with round face shape, well I assure you that by the time you finish reading this article till the ends, you will have whatever info you need about the face shapes which looks great with each particular short hairstyle for black women we featured in this post.
Therefore your face shape shouldn’t hinder you from looking elegant this season. Let’s look at the 20 best short hairstyles for black women worthy trying on your head this season for a stylish and romantic look.
NATURAL SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Black women are naturally gifted with short curly hair. Their curls are so perfect that ever lady out there admire them. Putting the black beauty aside, I think another astonishing thing about black women is their curly hair which in turn makes them look attractive, chic, and adorable when appropriately styled.
You might be wondering, are there any trendy natural short hairstyles for black women? The answer is YES, there are plenty of new trendy natural short hairstyles for black women when taken care of will look extremely stunning and attractive on you. In this category of short hairstyles for black women, we have featured the latest or new trendy natural hairstyles for black women and the best way to style them.
TIPS ON HOW TO STYLE NATURAL SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
1) Styling short hairstyles for black women will entirely depend on the look you want to create. In this I mean you can choose to style your natural hair to look 5 years younger, or style it for a chic, stylish or sophisticated look.
2) Choose the natural hairstyle which will compliment your facial features and your face shape. In case you have a round face shape, choose a short hairstyle which will leave some hair in your face to cover-up the round corners of your face making it look a little longer. For black women with long faces, any hairstyle will work for you, just make sure that the hairstyle you choose flatters your face shape.
3) Remember to always keep your hair moisturized irrespective of the type of natural short hairstyle you opted for. Since natural hair for black women is always dry and has a tendency of drying up quickly, always keep it moisturized by apply your favorite hair moisturizer to it whenever you feel that it’s getting dry. This will help to your natural hair to stay hydrated all the time which leave your natural hair in good health conditions.
4) Since African American hair has a tendency of becoming frizzy after washing due to its natural curly nature, it will be a good ideas if you anti-frizz product to it when your hair is still wet or damp. This will prevent frizz even after washing making your curls distinctive and look sexy.
5) Give your curls a big sexy, and bouncy look by emphasizing the shape and size of the curls. You can achieve this by further curling your hair to emphasize your curls. Remember to apply heat protector to your hair before curling to reduce on the risk of hair damage during the curling process.
6) Brush your hair when it’s soft and moist to remove any tangle or knots. When your hair is soft, it’s easy to be brushed or combed as compared to dry hair which will break when being brushed or combed. You can use a large toothed comb or bristle comb to lift the roots of your hair. Use a hair brush to smooth the top of your hair after styling to make your hair look smooth.
7) Finish the styling with hairspray to keep or hold your hair in place and a pomade to make your hair look shiny and smell nice after styling for a day long.
Products and Tools You Will Need When Styling Natural Short Hairstyles for Black Women
- Shampoo And Hair Conditioner
- Hair Brush
- Curling Iron
- Anti-Frizz Product
- Hair Moisturizer
Recommended Face Shapes For Natural Short Hairstyles for Black Women
I would recommend these natural hairstyles for black women to all ladies with different face shapes. Generally God gifted them natural hair which flatter and compliments their face shapes. All you need to do is to style or choose a hairstyle which will best suit your face shape making you look attractive, sexy and adorable.
BLONDE SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
BRAIDED SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Braiding is one of the most popular ways black women style their hair. This is a form of protective way of styling their hair to reduce on hair breakage. I think what make hair for black women distinct and unique are the braids. When black women braid their hair, it looks unique, attractive and sexy which make them look astonishing. We have featured some of the trendy, unique and stylish braided short hairstyles for black women worthy trying on your hair. Let’s look at the tips on how to style braided short hairstyles for black women
TIPS ON HOW TO STYLE BRAIDED HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
- Braids take long on your head so wash your hair thoroughly before braiding your hair. When washing our hair, apply shampoo to remove all dirt and skin residues from the scalp then hair condition to make your hair soft for easy styling during the braiding process.
- In case you choose a braided short hairstyle for black women which will last for a month or two on your head, you can deep condition to thorough make all your hair soft.
- Since black women have thick, coarse and curly hair which has a tendency of being dry shortly after washing it or styling it, I would recommend you to apply hair moisturizer to keep it hydrated at all times.
- Sometimes braided hair has a tendency to itch after a few days of styling thus the need to apply better braid spray to prevent or reduce on the itching. Apply better braid spray twice a day (in the morning and at night when going to bed) or when you feel the itch in your hair.
- After apply products to your braids, remember to protect it with a satin scarf when going to bed. Unlike cotton scarves, satin scarves don’t absorb the products applied to your hair leaving your hair hydrated and moisturized.
- Use satin pillow cases as cotton satin pillow cases will absorb the products in your hair leaving it hydrated.
- Before choosing the braided hairstyle to style on your hair, you should note that some braided hairstyles are easy yet look cute while others are a little complicated which will require more time and a hairstylist to style it on your head.
- The complicated braided hairstyles look unique and styling making you outstanding in a crowd of many ladies with different updos.
- You can wear braided short hairstyles to all occasions (formal, casual and special occasions). Remember there is hair loss with braided hairstyles especially during the braiding process.
Hair Products and tools you will need
- Shampoo And Hair Conditioner
- Hair Moisturizer
- Better Braid Spray
- Satin Scarf
- Satin Pillow Case
Recommended Face Shapes
- Oval Face Shape
- Round Face Shape
- Oblong Face Shape
- Triangular Face Shape
- Heart Face Shape
- Diamond Face Shape
CURLY SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Black women have naturally curly short hair which makes styling their hair to a curly hairstyle much easier as compared to some ladies with straight fine hair.
Irrespective of how curly your natural hair is, you can enhance the curls so that they look pretty and more attractive. There are many different ways to achieve this, you can either use a curling iron to set the curls (remember to apply heat protector to your hair before curling to protect it from heat) or use rollers to set curls. Decide on the style you want to use to set your curls but personally I would recommend using rollers as they won’t cause damage to your hair as a result of heat.
MOHAWK SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Look pretty and chic this summer by styling your hair to a Mohawk Short Hairstyles for Black Women. Since black women have short hair, the Mohawk hairstyle is easy to style and when styled to compliment and flatter their face shapes, OMG, they look like angels fallen from above.
Black women with short hair and flat or long faces will definitely be the winners for Mohawk Short Hairstyles. Look at how pretty the ladies in the images below are with their hair shaped into a Short Mohawk Hairstyles. You too can style your hair and look like them or ever prettier than them. Just get a few styling tips from them on how to style your hair to a Mohawk Short Hairstyles to achieve a pretty and chic look.
WEDDING SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
There are special occasion where you need to wear pretty, stunning and gorgeous hairstyles to look unique, cute and sexy. One of the special occasion where you have to dress to impress is on your wedding. Your hairstyle contributes a lot to your dress code and appearing thus the need to choose the best wedding hairstyle for your wedding.
Below, we featured the best wedding hairstyles for black women from which you can choose the best which you think will flatter and compliment your face shape. In case your hair is short, you can opt for human hair extensions or wigs to add volume and length to your hair so that you are able to style that wedding hairstyle which will make heads turn and necks bend.
BOB SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Look elegant this summer by with a cute Bob Short Hairstyle on your head. It’s super easy to style after cutting your hair to the desired bob cut.
1) Begin by washing your hair with clean water then apply shampoo and hair conditioner to make your hair soft and shiny after washing.
2) Place a clean dry towel around your head to absorb excess water from your hair then allow it to naturally air dry for about 3 to 4 hours.
3) In case you are in a rush, use a round brush and blow-dryer to blow dry your hair. As you blow dry your hair using a round bristle brush, style the bangs swept across your face and the sides combed down. You can style the rest of the hair in a way you like it to look on your head.
4) Apply small quantities of hairspray then finish with a pomade to make your hair shiny and smell nice after styling.
FRINGE SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR BLACK WOMEN
Wow, this is another incredibly cute short hairstyle for black women. Just like the way you style a bob haircut, a front fringe hairstyle for black women can as well be styled in the same way. Cut your hair to a fringe haircuts with bangs or fringes hanging right in your face above your eyebrows.
1) Begin styling on freshly washed and damp hair to achieve a pretty and elegant look.
2) Place a round brush underneath your bangs then blow-dry as you roll the brush forward from the roots of your hair to the ends away from your face. Repeat this procedure till when you like the way the fringes appear on your head at the forehead.
3) With the hair on the sides and at the back, place a round brush underneath the hair then blow dry as you roll the brush away from your head. Repeat this procedure till when all the hair on the sides and at the back is smooth and sleek.
4) Apply like hairspray then brush out any sticking out hair strands for a smooth and sleek look and you will be done.
I would recommend this short hairstyle for black women to all African American ladies with some facial feature which they don’t like about themselves such as forehead(bulky), ears( large or too tinny). Since your hair is styled around your face, this hairstyle would look best to ladies of all face shapes.
More cute short hairstyles for black women