It is not a must that you should have naturally curly hair to pull off a curly haircut, your hair may be naturally straight but you want to try out something new there is completely no reason as to why you shouldn’t. Finding the right haircut for your curly hair will not be that hard as long as you get consultation from a good hair stylist.
Short hair is very easy to style and looks really feminine yet you spend less time trying to make your hair looks good.
Curly hair is not so easy to deal with especially if it is long reason being it can easily run dry, you will have to add too many products to make your hair look good however getting that curly hair cut down short will help you deal with that hair better.
If you have been searching for some of the best short curly haircuts well here you have found them, I have provided some alternative that you can choose from and look totally stunning. The good news is that I have even added the details on how you can create these looks in case you don’t want to go to the saloon.
Cute short haircuts for curly hair
When it is Halle Berry and short hair we always expect nothing more than absolute gorgeousness simply because she has always looked amazing with her short haircuts. This is time round she is rocking a really cute short curly hair cut on her natural hair and we can’t debate about the fact that she looks striking.
Her hair has lots of shine and well textured short layers brushed down on the sides and upwards on the sides to make the haircut look really modern. There is a dramatic part separating the top hair from the sides created in more like of a zig- zag pattern as some strands wave down to create side burns that are more flattering for her face shape. Most of the texture is concentrated at the crown which gives her haircut a more interesting appearance. If you love the short hair and Halle Berry is one of your favorite artists then you should definitely be taking your inspiration from her haircut in this picture.
Create the style with these steps;
- Begin with and damp hair then apply a good amount of strong hold hair gel. You can now brush through hair gently to distribute it well to all parts of your hair.
- Blow dry the sides downwards with a paddle brush and the top with your fingers.
- Spray hair with a firm hold shine hair spray to give it added shine.
How to care for your hair;
Wash hair with a sulfate free shampoo specifically made for curly hair and stay away from regular soap or detergent, these will cause the greatest kind of damage to your hair.
Thick short haircuts for curly hair
A short haircut with large curls will definitely look great on your thick hair, when thick hair is styles with curls you will not even have to tease or tousle your to create more volume. In this picture the featured lady in wearing her short hair in a length that stops at her jawline but the curls make it appear shorter making it stop slightly above the jaws.
Hair is styled with a slight part at the center with the rest of her hair creating a really huge bunch of volume at the back. Such volumous hairstyles are very flattering for face shape so anyone can try out this kind of haircut. I also cannot forget to credit how healthy and shiny her curls look because it is not that easy to make your curly hair look this gorgeous unless you take really good care of it.
This style will come out best if you have fine to thick hair since thin hair may be not be able to create the right amount of volume for the style. If you are naturally curly and are looking for a short haircut that will make your look very trendy without going through a very long styling procedure, this one is ideal for you.
Style hair with these easy steps;
- Begin with extremely clean hair and apply curl cream starting from the roots to the ends of your hair until each strand of your hair is infused with the cream.
- Scrunch hair, wrap small hair strands around one of your finger and spring out the curls. Scrunch until all your hair has gained the curls.
- Blow dry hair with a diffuser until it is 90% dry then leave the remaining 10% to air dry this will give your hair added texture and make it look really natural.
- Spray hair with a medium hold hair spray then use your finger to break the curls up more.
- If some parts of your hair are still not curled well then use a large barrel curling iron to make that particular area look the way you want it.
How to care for your hair;
- Only detangle hair with conditioner when you are still in the shower using a wide toothed comb and taking great care to be really gentle with your hair, this will cause less frizz and prevent your hair from breaking.
Short bob haircuts for curly hair
The curly bob hairstyle was not that popular in that past years but with this trend that revolves every other day the style has become one of the trendiest and most done therefore if you were still thinking twice about then you do not know what you are missing out on.
This beauty has her short curly layers falling down from a center part down to her face a few inches below her cheek bones. I love the way these sassy curls frame her square face shape together with their color everything makes such a perfect contrast. Her hair is dark on the roots but as hair grows away from the roots into the curls it then becomes golden to compliment her skin to and make her style stand out really beautifully.
Unlike back in the day where those with long curly hair were looked at as most beautiful right now the shorter haircuts have taken over and you do not want to miss out on this.
Try out the style on your own with these steps;
- Add styling product to wet hair and part it right in the middle to equally balance hair out to both sides of your face. Ensure that all the styling product has infused into your hair before you go ahead to dry you hair.
- Grab a round hair brush and your blow dryer. Start drying hair from the center part to the sides, choose which side you will start with and when hair on that side dries up you can move to the other side.
- Take your curling iron, wrap small sized hair strands around it and gently curl out your hair, grab another small section of hair and curl dropping hair down. Re-do this procedure until you whole head is filled up with these loose curls.
- To give your curls a smoother and sleeker appearance, smear hair with a small amount of smoothing serum then brush through hair with a wide toothed comb to break up curls and make them more loose.
How to care for your hair;
- Regulate the heat levels of your blow dryer when drying different parts of your hair. if you set your blow dryer to low heat levels the top most hair will dry but the middle and inner parts will dry properly therefore it is advisable that when you are drying the middle and inner parts of the hair you use medium or high heat depending on thickness of your hair.
Swept away short haircuts for curly hair
The way her round face shape stands out of those short curls is just too flawless, now if you are not a fun of bangs here is a hairstyle that will meet your needs to 100%. This elegant and classy looking lady has her hair curled back and away from the face into well broken up short layers.
Her hair is detailed with a very shiny and attractive appearance and given the right amount off volume throughout which makes the haircut balance her round face shape to perfection. This swept away style is very modern and will give a really sophisticated look, it can be worn to any occasion and at the same time can work as an everyday look.
I just fell in love with everything about her simple yet extremely elegant haircut. Whether you’re naturally curly or straight you can effortlessly pull off this look in the shortest possible time.
Follow the steps below to pull off this style;
- Thoroughly wash your hair with a mild shampoo, gently pat your hair with a clean dry towel to remove the dripping excess water leaving your hair just damp and then add a reasonable amount of volumising mousse to damp hair.
- Dry the hair using a diffuser not a blow dryer and a large round brush, brush hair backwards ensuring that all hair is kept away from your face until you are able to make all your hair totally dry.
- Take small section of hair and curl them with a medium sized barrel curling iron, curl hair backwards starting from behind. When you are done with that section move on to the next one and do the same until all your hair is filled up with the loose curls.
- Arrange the curls more using your fingers and to break up hair or use a wide toothed comb for an even smoother texture.
- Rub some shine serum on to your hands and evenly apply it to all your hair to give it that added and attractive shiny glow.
How to care for your hair;
- Do not cut hair yourself if you are not experiences in fact do not even take your hair for cutting to stylist you are not sure about. When it comes to cutting, curly hair is more sensitive because whether it is cut well or badly the results are very easy. Some stylists cut hair when it is still wet but this could be dangerous to your hair, so always ask your hair stylist to cut hair after it has fully dried.
Colored short haircuts for curly hair
Colored hair speaks for itself so you do not need any bells and whistles to convince anyone about how much you standout reason being everything is just too obvious. Even without styling your hair too much, color will give you that added detail that you need for your hair to look fantastic.
In this image is a lady beautifully pulling off a colored short haircut with the lower part of the sides smoothed and slicked down while the top has longer layers that are curled to create volume on that part and make her cut look very chic and modern. This haircut looks great on round and oval face shapes but most times it will not look nice on longer face shapes.
Try out this modern look with these steps;
- With your hair still fresh from the shower, apply a curl cream it will prepare your hair for styling and make it really easy for your hair to curl out nicely. The cream enhances the curls more while adding extra shine to your hair, this way you are saved from the hustle of heat styling.
- Dry hair with a diffuser, a diffuser is just another attachment for the blow dryer and works better on curly hair instead of the blow dryer.
- Smooth hair down on the sides and back using a small styling brush, brush hair down smoothly and you have achieved the shape that you want.
- Spray your hair with a small amount of shine serum to keep your style firmly held into place.
How to care for your hair;
- Always hydrate your hair because the secret behind getting everyone’s attention is having shiny and healthy looking hair which is not so easy to achieve with curly hair. however if you keep washing hair with a mild shampoo, oiling it once in a while and spraying with hair spray meant for curly hair then you will definitely be able to keep your curly hair well hydrated all the time.