Many ladies are naturally gifted with long hair which calls for a variety of different ways to style it. Long hair is versatile with many different ways it can be styled on your head for formal occasions, special occasions and sometime when going out for casual occasions in the evening or on weekends. Some long hairstyles are so easy to style while others might be a little complicated in styling more especially when opting for updos or hairdos.
In this article, we have featured the best long hairstyles which will inspire you not to cut off your long hair
may be due to the fact that you’re sick of it. Therefore, there is no excuse for a bad hair day as we have the best long hairstyles for you from which you are guaranteed to pick your favorite. However, for you to look cute, elegant with long hairstyles, you need to follow our step by step directions or guidelines on how to style each long hairstyle for a perfect and stunning look.
We all know that long hair sometimes might be a little complicated to manage and choosing the best long hairstyle which will look great on you for that particular occasion may not be a simple task as you may think. Well, I should say Congratulations coz we have got you all covered with these trendy, hot, chic and stunning long hairstyles for ladies with long hair which you can style and wear during any season of the year. Let’s look at the hottest collections of the best long hairstyles for women with long hair.
SIDE SWEPT – LONG HAIRSTYLES
This is a cute and easy hairstyle which you can style and wear when going to casual occasions such as shopping on weekends or when taking an evening walk around town in the evening. It’s super-hot yet easy to style in that it will take you less than 2 minutes to achieve a finished look.
HOW TO STYLE SIDE SWEPT LONG HAIRSTYLES
1) Begin with dry and clean hair which you have prepared ready for styling. You can do this long hairstyle either on curly hair or straight hair whichever way you like it most.
2) Back comb all your hair to the back so that it’s smooth and free from any tangles or knots. Gather all the hair to the back and hold it with one hand while combing.
3) Gather a section of hair on one side and begin to twist it in a big chuck away towards the other side. When you reach the other side, separate a small section of hair from the twist and wrap around the bigger section of hair and secure it in the back with a few bobby pins and you will be done and good to go
MINI BUN – LONG HAIRSTYLES
The mini bun is one of my favorite hairstyles which I wear when going to work at the beginning of the weak. It flatters my face shape and compliments all my facial features. Trust me you can style this easy long hairstyle in a minute or two coz its super easy yet it looks super-hot.
HOW TO STYLE MINI BUN – LONG HAIRSTYLES
1) You can style this long hairstyle when at your place of work during a break. All you need is to make sure that your hair is completely dry, clean and ready for styling. You need to carry with you a comb or hair brush and a few bobby pins in your handbag.
2) Begin by gently combing all your hair to the back so that it’s smooth and for the style to look great after styling.
3) Grab a small section of hair from each side, bring it back then combine it as if you are doing a ponytail. Twist the hair as you are twisting, roll it into a bun and secure it in place on your main hair with a few bobby pins.
4) You are now free to go but in case you want to give your hairstyle a unique look, place a nice hair accessory such as a flower or bowtie above the bun for a trendy and stylish look.
ROPE BRAID HALF DO – LONG HAIRSTYLES
For ladies who prefer half dos for long hair, this rope braid hairstyle for log hair will be the best choice for them to try out this season. It’s easy to style and will make you look incredibly smart and adorable.
HOW TO STYLE ROPE BRAID HALF DO – LONG HAIRSTYLES
1) To achieve this look, make sure your long hair is smooth and soft so that it will be easy for you to create a rope braid. You can create your rope braid either on curly hair or straight hair depending on your personal preference.
2) Begin by parting your hair in the middle so that the parting goes 1 inch deep towards the middle of your head.
3) Pick a small section of hair on one side of the parting and divide it into two smaller sections. Twist each smaller section away from each other anticlockwise then twist them together clockwise to its ends to form a rope braid. When you reach the ends of the braid, secure it with a clear elastic.
4) Grab another section of hair on the other side of the parting, divide it into two small sections. Twist the two sections away from each other counterclockwise then twist them together in a clockwise direction to form another rope braid on that side. Secure the ends of the braid with a clear elastic or bobby pins.
5) Now that you have all the two braids in place, bring them to the back, remove the bobby pin or elastic which you used to secure its ends and secure them in place with a bobby pin.
6) Bring the other rope braid back and pin it in place. In case of any sticking out hair strands in the back hide it under your hair using your fingers and you will be done and good to go.
CURLY HAIRSTYLES FOR LONG HAIR
FLIP-IN HALF UPDO – LONG HAIRSTYLES
For ladies with long hair, this will be the quickest way you can style your hair when running late to work or school. It’s easy to style and will look great on you appropriately styled. I should say that this is one of the nicest hairstyles I used to style when still at High School and it was super easy for me to do and achieve a stunning look.
HOW TO STYLE FLIP-IN HALF UPDO – LONG HAIRSTYLES
1) For this hairstyle to look great on you, start with straight clean and dry hair which is ready for styling. You can apply styling products to your hair to make it soft, moisturized and ready for styling.
2) Part your hair into half (starting from your ear sides upwards towards the middle of your head) so that you create the lower section and the top section.
3) Grab the top section to form a high ponytail and secure it in place with a ponytail holder or hair elastic. Above the ponytail holder or elastic, make a little loop then loop the ponytail inside the hole you have just created.
4) You are done, it’s that quick and easy. You can accessorize to make your look outstanding and super-hot and you will be good to go.
POMPADOUR WITH SIDE BRAID – LONG HAIRSTYLES
This is another cute hairstyle for long hair which will bring out the beauty in your face with the pompadour at the front of your face. Since this long hairstyle involves removing all your hair away from your face, I wouldn’t recommend it for ladies wit round faces coz it will leave their round corners exposed making their faces look wider.
HOW TO STYLE POMPADOUR WITH SIDE BRAID – LONG HAIRSTYLES
1) Make sure you section off your bangs from the main hair so that they hang over your face or they are side swept to the side.
2) Grab a section of hair at the crown or top of your head to create a pompadour at the front. You can grab as much hair as possible depending on the size of the pompadour you want to create at the front. Push that section of hair forward to create the pompadour and secure it in place with a few bobby pins
3) To add the braid to the hairstyle, gather all your hair to one side, divide it into three section to create a regular 3 strand braid. You can do a fish tail braid depending on the time you have left to spend on your hair.
4) Use hair elastic to tie the ends of the braid, and stretch out the braid a little to make it thicker and fuller and you will be done and good to go. In case you have layers in your hair, pin ay sticking out strands hair pieces for a neat and smooth look.
LONG STRAIGHT HAIRSTYLE
MESSY BUN – LONG HAIRSTYLES
The messy bun is that simple and easy to do hairstyle for long hair. For ladies running late can opt for this long hairstyle to style and wear to their places of work or even when going to school. You can create a high messy bun, side messy bun or low messy bun depending on where you like your bun to be positioned. This this case we will create a high messy bun hairstyle for long hair.
HOW TO CREATE A HIGH MESSY BUN – LONG HAIRSTYLES
1) Start by gathering all your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a ponytail holder. Brush the sides up towards the ponytail to smooth any sticking out hair strands on the sides and the front of your head.
2) Grab teasing brush or comb and backcomb the ponytail hair to add volume to it and make it thicker. Don’t worry about any sticking out strand in the ponytail coz this is a messy hairstyle.
3) Grab the ponytail and twist it around the ponytail holder into a circle the get a little elastic band and put it over & around the twisted ponytail hair.
4) By doing this, you will give your bun a messy look and in case your bun is too high and you don’t want it as high as it appears, grab a few bobby pins and pin its sides down. Accessorize with a flower clip and you will be done and good to go.
PONYTAIL LONG HAIRSTYLE
HALF UP HALF DOWN HAIRSTYLE FOR LONG HAIR
If you want to wear your hair with half up and the other half down, this long hairstyle will be worthy for you to try on your hair this season. It’s super easy to create coz you will be using a headband to help you in creating the style.
HOW TO CREATE HALF UP HALF DOWN HAIRSTYLE FOR LONG HAIR
1) To begin creating this cute long hairstyle, begin by making sure that your hair is thoroughly clean, and dry.
2) Apply heat protector to your hair to reduce the risk of hair breakage due to heat during the curling process. Brush your hair down to evenly distribute the product and leave your hair for a few seconds to dry completely.
3) Divide your hair into half using your thumbs right above your ears and secure the top section in place using hair clips then bring the bottom section to the front.
4) Grab a 1 inch curling iron and begin to curl section by section till when you run out of hair in the back section. This will add more texture and volume to your hair making it look cute and trendy.
5) When you are done with the bottom section, release another section from the top section and curl it. Continue curling your hair till when all the hair on your head are curled.
6) Run your fingers through the back of curls for more texture and volume then apply little hairspray to keep the curls in place.
7) Take a headband and place it over your head then use small hairgrips to secure the headband so that it doesn’t slide off.
8) Starting on the right side of your head, pick up a chuck of hair above your ear and tuck it into your headband. Pick another chuck of hair right beside it and tuck it into the headband.
9) Repeat the above step on the left side of your head, remove the grip clips which you used to secure the headband and you will be done creating.
POMPADOUR LONG HAIR WOMEN