When you have long hair, there are many endless hairstyles for your hair. Hairstyles for long hair are many in different updos, buns, curls and straight which you can style and wear too many different formal and casual occasions. Well if you are looking for cute, quick and pretty hairstyles for long hair, then you are in the right place at the right time.
We will share with you some of the cutest and unique hairstyles for long hair which you can style and wear to many
different occasions. Though long hair has a variety of many endless hairstyles, if you don’t know how to alternate with different styles, it might seem boring on your head and start thinking of trimming or cutting it to a medium length or short haircut. Take heart coz we have you all covered with a variety of many different, cute, unique and hottest hairstyles for long hair from which you are guaranteed to find one of your own choice.
We also included the step by step directions on how to create and style each hairstyle for long hair, the products and tools you will need making all the work easy for you. Let’s get start, below is our hottest collection of the best, cute and trendy hairstyles for long hair.
PONYTAIL HAIRSTYLE FOR LONG HAIR
When you have long hair, try to style it into a ponytail. It’s easy to style your hair into a ponytail after preparing it ready for styling. Begin by combing your hair to the back the gather it to form a ponytail. You can form a high ponytail on top of your head, a low ponytail at the back of your head or a side ponytail on the sides of your head.
In this case we will show you the different ways you can style your ponytail to look different anytime you wear and style it on your head.
TIPS ON HOW TO STYLE PONYTAIL TO VARIOUS STYLES
1) Try putting your ponytail into various positions on your head. You can position it on top of your head to form a high ponytail or place it at the nape of your neck to form a low ponytail at the back.
2) Alternatively, you can position your ponytail on the sides’ right behind your ears. Gather all your hair into a low ponytail the secure it with a ponytail holder right below your ears. Bring the pony forward to one side of your neck and you will be done and good to go.
3) For ladies with bangs, fringes or layers in their long hair, you can style your ponytail by leaving those layers or bangs out of the ponytail. Leave the bangs or fringes side swept across your face and some layers on the sides and you will be done.
4) Try adding a pompadour with your ponytail. You can achieve this by gathering chucks of hair at the front (depending on the size of the pompadour you want to create), twist a little then push forward to create the bump at the front before pinning it in place. Gather the remaining hair into a ponytail (high, low) and you will be done.
5) When you gather your long hair into a ponytail, secure it with hair elastic. Now separate a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the base of the ponytail to hide the elastic. Wrap it around the elastic as many time as you like it and secure it with a few bobby pins.
6) Look chic and sexy with a half ponytail. You can achieve this by sectioning your hair into half. Using your thumbs section your hair into half from either sides of your ears upwards. This will create two sections one at the bottom and the other at the top which you will secure into a ponytail.
7) The pigtail ponytail. In this case you will style your hair as if you are creating pigtails braid. Gather all your hair to the back to form a low ponytail. Dive the ponytail into two equal small ponytails called pigtails and secure them in place using hair elastic. Note: this hairstyle for long hair will look great to younger girls below 20 thus not recommended for mature ladies or women above 25.
8) Decide the look you want to create with your ponytail. In this case I mean you can make your ponytail either sleek or messy. For a sleek look, gather all your hair into a ponytail. Hold the pony before securing it then gently comb your hair upwards towards where the ponytail holder will be. Make sure that there are no sticking out hair strands for a sleek ponytail. Secure the ponytail with hair elastic and you will be good to go.
9) For a messy ponytail, just gather your hair into a ponytail leaving other pieces sticking out and you will be good to go. Hope you will enjoy styling your long hair into a ponytail with a variety of the above options.
BUN HAIRSTYLES FOR LONG HAIR
There are endless options in which you can style your hair into a bun to wear to special occasions, formal occasion or to any casual occasion. Styling your long hair to a bun hairstyle is simple and it will take you less than 5 minutes to achieve a finished look. All you need is to have your hair washed, dries and ready for styling.
You can create buns either on straight or curly hair whichever way you like it. Let me take you through the different ways to style your long hair into many different buns on your head.
TIPS ON HOW TO STYLE BUN HAIRSTYLES FOR LONG HAIR
1) The most important factor to consider when opting for a bun hairstyle for your long hair is how neat or messy you bun should look. From there you will be able to tell the bun hairstyle suits a particular occasion you are dressing for.
2) Begin by gathering all your hair into a high ponytail and secure it at the base with a ponytail holder. Grab the ponytail hair and wrap it around the base of the ponytail holder then secure it in place with a few bobby pins.
3) Alternatively you can make the bun look neater and elegant. Gather your hair into a high ponytail and secure the base with hair elastic. Grab a bun maker (doughnut) place it midway the ponytail hair then roll it down till when it reaches the base of your ponytail. Tuck any sticking out hair strands under the bun maker then pin then in place. Fasten the bun maker on your head by pinning it in place on the main hair on your head and you will be done.
4) You can style your bun high or low depending on where you position your ponytail. If you put your hair into a high ponytail, that will be a high bun and when you position your ponytail at the nape of your neck, you will be creating a low bun.
Try styling your bun on the sides to create a side bun. Begin by purring your hair into a low side ponytail and secure it in place. Twist and wrap the ponytail hair round the base of hair elastic to create a side bun. Organize the bun in a way that you like it to be by pinning down a few hair pieces and you will be done.
BRAIDED HAIRSTYLES FOR LONG HAIR
Another way to style your long hair is through braids. Braided hairstyles for long hair look cute and they are versatile in that they can be styled and worn to different occasions. When choosing a specific braided hairstyle for long hair to try on your hair, consider the texture and type of your hair. There are basically six types of braid (regular 3 strand braid, Dutch braid, French braid, waterfall braid, fishtail braid, and halo braid) which we will share with you in this post.
HOW TO STYLED BRAIDED HAIRSTYLES FOR LONG HAIR
1) REGULAR 3 STRAND BRAID – HAIRSTYLE FOR LONG HAIR
When you are starting or learning how to braid, it will be a good idea when you start with either a rope braid or a three strand braid. With a rope braid, you will split your hair into two section while for a 3 strand braid you will have to split your hair into 3 strands.
For beginners, begin with a firm base by securing your hair into a ponytail then divide the ponytail hair into 3 strand and continue with a regular 3 strand braid. It might be a little complicated to achieve a nice braid for the first time but with continue braiding, you will finally master the technique for a nice braid. Looks at the ladies in the pictures below with nice 3 strand braids and get a few styling tips from them to create your own awesome and unique 3 strand braid.
2) FRENCH BRAID – HAIRSTYLE FOR LONG HAIR
If it’s your first time to do or create a French braid, it will be a little complicated to create it than the way it appears. However, the techniques used in creating a regular braid are the same techniques used when coming up with French braid. The only difference is that you have to add in hair closest to your scalp to the braid as you braid your way down.
Some ladies find it stylish to braid their hair to a split, pigtail or fuller French braid but according to my opinion, what matters most is the style and look you want to create on your face (personal tease and preferences). In case you need some guidelines on how to create a French braid, click on this link for more details.
3) FISHTAIL BRAID – HAIRSTYLE FOR LONG HAIR
Another chic hairstyle for long hair is the fishtail braid. It will make you look chic, sexy and attractive making heads turn and necks bend. It’s a little complicated to create if you aren’t familiar with the basic rules to follow when creating it. However, when created and styled with class, it will be the best hairstyle to wear and rock the city on your way to town or to your place of work.
For beginners, start with a firm base such as a ponytail when creating a fishtail braid to aid you come up with a remarkable stable and trendy braid. For more info on how to create a fishtail braid, this article and video will guide you through step by step directions on how to come up with a unique and fancy fishtail braid.
4) DUTCH BRAID – HAIRSTYLE FOR LONG HAIR
A Dutch braid is simple to create as compared to a fishtail braid. When your hair is long, this will be another hairstyle you to try on. I learnt how to do a Dutch braid from one of the videos by mend from cute girl’s hairstyles. All along I was going to a salon for hairstylist to style my hair into a Dutch braid. You too can save some bucks by clicking this LINK to know how to create a Dutch braid with detailed step by step instruction and directions.
5) HALO BRAID – HAIRSTYLE FOR LONG HAIR
You can create two braids around or above your head to create a halo braid. This is the easiest braid for a beginner to master in just a few times of creating it.
- Begin by of hair from the sides of your head like from around your right ears. Divide it into 2 or 3 strands depending on the braid you want to create. Braid that section all the way down till the ends and secure its ends temporally with bobby pin.
- Grab another section of hair from the other opposite side of your head from around your left ear, divide it into 2 or 3 strand to create either a rope braid or a 3 strand regular braid.
- Bring the braid up to the top of your hair over to the right side of your head. Secure it with a few bobby pins. Grab the first braid you created on the right side and bring it up to the top of your hair over to the left side of your head then secure it in place with bobby pins.
- Apply little amounts of hairspray and smooth down the rest of your hair with hairbrush and you will be done and good to go.
6) WATERFALL BRAID – HAIRSTYLE FOR LONG HAIR
Another interesting hairstyle for long hair which you shouldn’t miss this season is the waterfall braid. It’s a little complicated to create but when you master the basic principles, it will be the easiest braid for you to come up with a romantic and chic hairstyle which you can wear to special occasions and many more formal and causal occasions.
Looks at how stunning and adorable the ladies below with a waterfall braid on their head are? Style up this season by getting a few tips from them to come up with your own outstanding waterfall braid which will leave other pondering with their heads turned and necks bent. Visit this LINK to know how to create a waterfall braid for a stunning and outstanding hairstyle for your long hair.
STRAIGHT HAIRSTYLES FOR LONG HAIR
Another classic and sophisticated hairstyle for long hair is to wear it down. There are many way you can wear your hair down which calls for different hairstyles such as straight, curly, or weave hairstyles for long hair.
In this case we will discuss about straight hairstyles for long hair where by you have to make sure your hair is straight and free from tangle and knots.
- When taking a morning shower, wash your hair with clean cold water, add shampoo and hair conditioner so that it stays soft and shiny after washing. Wrap a clean dry towel around your head with your head flipped upside down so that excess water drips off and the remaining is being absorbed by the towel.
- Use a round brush and a blow dryer to blow-dry your long right from the roots to the ends of your hair to ensure that your hair is thoroughly dry. Apply heat protector to your hair and then brush your hair to evenly distribute the product and wait for a few minutes to dry.
- Grab a flat iron and start flatiron section by section till when all your hair on your head is smooth. Apply hairspray and you will be done.
CURLY HAIRSTYLE FOR LONG HAIR
This is another classy way to wear your hair down. Some ladies are naturally gifted curly hair which need a few styling products to make it look super cute. In case your hair is straight and would like to try on the curly hairstyle for long hair, grab a curling iron or hot rollers and begin to curl your hair. Remember to first apply heat protector to your hair to prevent it from damage due to excess heat during the curling process.
WEAVE HAIRSTYLE FOR LONG HAIR
Give your hair some no heat weaves the following morning by braiding wet or damp hair into a regular 3 strand braid. Leave the braid in for a night and unbraid the following morning. Make your hair untidy to separate the weaves then apply hairspray or pomade to make your weaves soft and smell nice.
More Cute Hairstyles For Long Hair