Do you have naturally curly hair or you just want to want try out something new? Well what your exact goal is does not matter, what matters is that you have found the right place to get a really trendy short curly hairstyle and what you can do to make everyone admire your short curly hair. I know many people think curly hair is hard to style and maintain but trust me cutting your curly hair short will definitely be a short cut to making it easier to manage.
For those of you that have straight hair there is absolutely no reason for you to give excuses because you can also try
out something new and look really stunning. Having short hair gives you a lot of freedom especially during those very hot temperatures that are very discomforting. I know sometimes women face huge confusion when it comes to choosing which hairstyle to try out, which is why I find it really important to bring you some of the best short curly hairstyles to give a completely exceptional appearance from what everyone else is used to seeing.
Side styled short curly hairstyles
There is something about these side styled hairstyles that makes them stand out, because when I look at the lady in the above image there nothing extreme about her style but she is still extremely outstanding. The top layer of her style is kept straight and smooth but just a few inches from the roots, hair is detailed with volumous curls. As the ends stop around her cheek bones, a lot of volume is concentrated on that part making her wide face shape appear narrower. A beautiful hair clip is used to secure hair up behind her ear to bring out the really stylish appearance.
Below are the steps to help you create the style;
- Towel dry your hair to remove most of the dripping water and add styling product with your hair still damp. Gently rub in the product to make it dissolve completely and use your finger to remove all tangles.
- Blow dry with a large round brush especially on the top most layers because from the image we can see that hair is kept smooth from the roots before and later curled out from the middle of the strands top the ends.
- Take a medium sized curling iron to create those curls, start a few inches away from the roots curling out the rest of the strand to the ends.
- Pass your fingers through the curls and tease more on the ends to give the hair more fullness and added volume. Use hair pins to tuck hair up behind the ear on one side and let the rest fall forward towards your face.
- When you are through with creating the style you want, set with a firm hold hair spray.
How to care for your hair;
- Condition whenever you are in the shower; it is not necessary to shampoo your hair every single day because shampoo has stronger chemicals that leave your hair dry. But conditioner is the exact opposite it keep your hair with a lot of moisture and feeling very good because of the smoothness and softness.
- It is better to wash hair with cold or just lukewarm water; some people actually think that washing with hot water helps to completely clean the hair but hot water washes out all the necessary oil in your hair. Cold water on the other hand locks in moisture and reduces frizz which is a very big problem for those with curly hair.
Blonde short curly hairstyles
This short blonde hairstyle is filled up with large and light curls divided by a dramatic side part that leaves the curls running down to her neck. The layers are made pushed towards her face for more framing and flattering appearance, this style is very perfect for work and simple events out of office. So you do not have to go back home to change your hair just to attend any occasion out of office. I also love the way her golden necklace makes a great match with her golden blonde hair, match this with the right dress and see how many heads you will turn.
Style the look with the steps shown below;
- Smear your favorite styling product to hair while it’s still damp. If your hair is naturally curly you can just finger style the curls because there will be no need to go in with the curling iron. And then leave your hair to air dry it is very healthy for your hair.
- If your hair does not come out the way you want with this style, you should blow dry the hair after applying the styling product with your fingers.
- Take a large barrel curling iron to create the large curls, remember not to close the curling iron or allow it to clamp on your hair. This will pull and tag your hair instead of curling it.
- Curly hair has a tendency of appearing and feeling dry therefore it is recommended to apply some hair pomade to the hair ends using your finger tips to give the hair more definition.
- Spray your hair with a medium hold hair spray to give it a more attractive appearance.
How to care for your hair;
- Only brush through while in the shower; what I mean here is that when you apply conditioner to your hair, this is the best time to comb through it to remove any tangles. Many people have the tendency to comb dry hair but this is wrong reason being it causes too much frizz.
- Always use your finger to apply products; pour the product on your fingers rub them together and evenly apply it all through your hair this will prevent the product from clamping up into only one area.
Black short curly hairstyles
Spiral curls create their own volume and this makes them look extremely sexy on any face shape. There is something about these spiral curls that creates a look that is very flattering and flirty, the curls are separated and made to fall to both sides of the face with just a few curls dropping to her face shape. The rest of the curls fall back down below to her nape and slightly tap the neck bringing out that sexy bouncy effect. This is what I love about black hair, it always complements any skin tone more than perfectly.
Get yourself the gorgeous look with these steps;
- With your hair just damp evenly add your favorite styling product to the hair.
- If you have enough time it is healthy and safe to air dry your hair but if you are in a hurry attach a diffuser tour blow dryer and gently dry the hair. Curly hair may not dry as fast as straight hair so dry the hair section by section until you are sure that all the hair is completely dry.
- Use a really small barrel curling iron to create those small spiral curls, take a very small hair strand around the curling wait a few seconds and unwind the curling iron. Repeat this with the next hair strand and keep doing that until all your hair is as curled as you want it.
- Spray your hair with a shine spray meant for curly hair to make it shiny and prevent it from frizz.
How to care for your hair;
- Add any styling product the minute you step out of the shower; the difference that applying product to wet hair is that by the time your hair dries all the product has been locked into your hair making your curls swell out nicely. On the other hand adding product to dry hair makes your hair stiff.
- It is better to dry your with a diffuser instead of a blow dryer; the blow dryer is more likely to make your hair frizzy but because the diffuser is wider it will help to dry your hair without causing any frizz.
short curly hairstyles for black women
Colored short curly hairstyles
This short curly hairstyle is not only feminine but with some hair color it also turns into a super modern look. The sides are kept smooth and slicked down while the top is all curled out and detailed with a striking shade of red. With this colored short hairstyle you will not have to ask for the attention as the hairstyle completely speaks for itself. A few red strands falling down towards the face draw a lot of attention to her dark skin color and beautifully flatter her oval face shape. for girls and teenagers out there that love trendy hairstyles, I am sure you will fall completely in love with this short hairstyle.
Below are steps that will help your style this look;
- As soon as you step out of the shower, apply styling product and gently pass your fingers through the hair to remove tangles and more even distribution of the product.
- Spray your hair with some thermal protectant to keep it well protected from any damage that may come from heat styling.
- Section out the hair into two, completely separate the sides from the top. Insert small hot rollers into the hair on the top section and leave them in for a few minutes.
- As you wait for the hot rollers, take a flat to smooth and slick the sides downwards.
- Remove the hot rollers from the top section and allow some minutes for your hair to cool down from all that heat. If you don’t want to use hot rollers you alternatively choose to use a small curling iron to create spiral the spiral curls on top of the style.
- Apply a small amount of shine serum on the sides and spray the top with a shine spray meant for curly hair.
How to care for your hair;
- Start with temporary hair color; if you are doing hair color for the first time it much better to start with temporary hair color it will save you any regrets. Temporary hair color is not as strong as permanent hair color so the damage it causes to your hair is less harmful.
- Love your hair type; this goes to those with naturally curly hair, please do not try to fight with your hair to make it straight, you will end up straining it too much causing it to become extremely weak. If you have curly hair just learn to love it, it will be the best way to keep it safe from any damages.
Trendy short curly hairstyles
Curly hair is simply gorgeous and from this style I just love it more and more, this style will actually work for both the curly haired and straight haired girls. With the sides slicked down and the top detailed with large messy curls the style looks super trendy and girly. Some curly strands are pushed down towards her face shape to make her face appear slightly longer, I completely love this short curly hairstyle.
Try out the style as shown by the steps below;
- Add styling product to your hair and blow dry with a round brush, start with the top section and brush hair towards the face. Go down to the sides and make hair fall down flat to the sides.
- Take a flat iron to slick the sides much more and make hair fall down completely and when you are done with that move to the top section and curl hair with a large barrel curling iron.
- Spray the hair with a light weight shine spray to finish and set the style.
How to care for your hair;
- Use products specifically meant for curly hair; it is not advisable to use products for straight hair on your curly hair when there are products that will work perfectly for your curly hair. This applies for things like sprays, shampoos and conditioners too.
- Be very careful when towel drying; make sure that you just pat your with a towel to remove any unnecessary moisture, but do not wrap up your hair into the towel. Besides breaking your hair it also makes it become frizzy.