If there is anything to admire about black women, it’s their natural black hair. It’s all black, coarse and curly in nature making it look nice with most of the popular African American hairstyles such as braids, Mohawk, curly, and many more. Black natural hairstyles for women are versatile with a range of many hairstyles from which a black woman can choose from. Are you a black woman with black natural hair looking for natural hairstyles which will make you look stunning, trendy and adorable?
Congratulations coz we got you covered, we will share with you the best, hottest and cute black natural hairstyles
which you can style and wear to many different occasions. I guarantee you that you won’t fail to pick at least one of your favorite black natural hairstyles from the collection which we have featured in this post. You also don’t have to worry about how you will style each black natural hairstyle coz it’s all covered with our step by step directions and guidelines on how to styles each of the featured black natural hairstyles for black women.
TIPS ON HOW TO CARE AND MAINTAIN BLACK NATURAL HAIR
1) Black natural hair might be a little complicated to care and maintain especial that for black women. It has a tendency of getting frizzy especially in the morning when the atmosphere is humid or after washing without using the recommended ant-frizz products. Here, we will help you especially the beginners with a few basic tips you need to know when caring and maintaining your black natural hair.
2) Make sure that you also have hair conditioner, hair moisturizer and olive oil or coconut oil in your room and in your handbag whenever you go. This will help you to keep your hair in good health condition as you will be in position to apply the product to your hair when need be.
3) Since black natural hair for black women is coarse and thick, it will be a good idea to leave in the hair conditioner for a long time so that your hair gets soft and looks shiny after washing.
4) When washing your hair, use nonalcoholic shampoo as alcoholic shampoo will deprive your hair of its natural moisture leaving it dry and dehydrated after washing. Use one type of shampoo which you are sure it won’t cause damage to your hair thus leaving it in its natural conditions
5) If you can, try as much as possible to avoid heat on your hair. Tools such as curling iron, straightening iron or flat iron will damage the patterns of your curls and you will have no choice left other than cutting off your hair to remedy the damage. Remember, hair takes a longtime to grow to your desire length thus you should take maximum care to avoid any hair damage or breakage.
6) As we said before black natural hair for black women is naturally curly, but you might want to change the hairstyle to a straight or weave hairstyle. I would recommend you to opt for wigs or weaves to achieve such hairstyles other than applying flat iron or straightening iron which will damage or destroy the patterns of your natural curls in your hair.
7) When combing your hair to remove any tangles or knots, do it when your hair is a little wet or damp to reduce on the risk of hair breakage. In case your hair is already dry, apply some styling products to its which will make it wet or damp then comb. Note: Pay attention to the styling products you apply on your hair as different hair products work better on specific hair types and texture hence the need to choose accordingly.
8) Wash your hair regularly to keep it moisturized and enhance its growth. When drying your hair, don’t use a blow dryer, allow it to naturally air dry by leaving for 3 to 4 hours before any further styling.
FRO-HAWK – BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
TWIST OUT UPDO WITH HEADBAND – BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
This a cute black natural hairstyle which looks pretty on black women with natural curly hair. It’s easy to style than the way it looks; you will need a headband or hair scarf and a few bobby pins to create this look.
TWISTED TOPKNOT TWIST OUT UPDO WITH HEADBAND
Begin by ensuring that your hair is ready for styling. Apply styling products and hair moisturizer to keep your hair soft and moisturized all the time.
Section off a small section of hair at the front which you will use to create a bump or pompadour at the front. Clip the rest of the hair to the back so that it doesn’t get in your way while styling the front section.
Grab the hair in the front section, comb it forward towards your face then place 2 to 3 fingers at the ends of that section and begin to roll it inwards towards your face to form a loop.
Secure the loop or bump at the front with a couple of bobby pins then place a headband to separate the front section from the rest of your hair. Unclip the back section and you will be good to go.
HALO BUN – BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
TWISTED TOPKNOT – BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
This is another cute black hairstyle which is super-hot and can be worn to many different occasions both formal and informal. My African American friend Racheal used to love this black natural hairstyle coz it really looked pretty on her.
HOW TO CREATE & STYLE TWISTED TOPKNOT
To achieve this look, make sure that your hair is clean and thoroughly dry. Apply hair moisturizer and some olive oil to keep your hair moisturized and soft for easy styling.
Gather all your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a ponytail holder or hair elastic. Section the ponytail hair into 4 to 8 sections depending on the thickness of your hair. With each section, divide it into two smaller section twist them independently counterclockwise then twist them together clockwise to for a rope braid. Secure the ends of the braid with a clear elastic.
When all your ponytail hair is braided into a rope braid, wrap the braids around the base of the ponytail then secure with bobby pins. Continue wrapping the rope braid around and over the previous braid so that you for a topknot at the top of your head and you will be done and good to go.
PIN-UP – BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
DOUBLE BRAID BUN – BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
If you are looking for a black natural hairstyle which will leave other ladies staring at you, then this double braid bun black natural hairstyle will be the best choice for you to try on your head. It’s cute, easy to style and a unique updo which will get your hair away from your face making you look stylish, cute and adorable. This is a good black natural hairstyle which will protect your hair from breakage hence maintain your natural hair.
HOW TO CREATE & STYLE DOUBLE BRAID BUN
Just like any other hairstyle, begin by preparing your hair so that it’s ready for styling. You can achieve this by ensuring that your hair is washed clean, dry, moisturized and soft to ease the styling process.
Section your hair in the middle by placing your thumbs right at the front of your ears upwards so that you create two sections (one at the back and the other one at the front). Secure the front section at the front then equally divide the back section the middle from the nape of your neck upwards.
This will create two small sections at the back. Clip away one section so that you area able to work on one section at a time. Divide the first section into 3 strands then beginning from the nape of your neck, braid your hair upwards as you move to the center of your head to create a 3 strand braid. Continue braiding upwards till when you run out of hair in that section and secure its ends with a bobby pin or hair elastic.
Repeat the above step by step directions to create another 3 strand braid at the back on the other opposite side.
Remove the clip from the front section the gather the hair at the top of your head to form a high ponytail. Secure the ponytail with hair elastic.
Wrap the ponytail hair round the hair elastic to create a messy or smooth bun. Grab the 3 strand braid on the left side of your head and cross it over to the right then around the bun and secure it in place. For the 3 strand braid on the right, cross it over to the left side of your head the round the bun and secure in place with bobby pins.
Just arrange the bun in a way you would like it to appear on your head and you will be done and good to go.
GODDESS – BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
HEATLESS CURLS – BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
Sometimes, you might want to define your curls so that they look more attractive and appealing than the way they are naturally. But you remember it’s not a good idea to apply heat to your hair it will damage your natural curls forever and you will have no choice other than cutting off your hair and wait for it to grow which will take you some good months or years.
HOW TO CREATE & STYLE HEATLESS CURLS
You can achieve heatless curls by using rollers or bubble wrappers around your hair. Ensure that your hair is washed clean, dry and ready for styling.
Comb down your hair to remove any tangles or knots then section it into 4-6 sections depending on the thickness of your hair. Secure other sections with hairclips so that you work on one section at a time.
Divide that section into smaller sections then apply rollers to each sections and roll them down to the roots of your hair. Secure the rollers in place then continue apply them till when all your hair on your head is filled with rollers.
Leave the rollers in your hair for about 4 to 8 hours for the curls to set. Remove the rollers the use a large tooth comb to lift the roots of your hair to add texture and volume to your curls.
Use your fingers to separate the curls then apply small amounts of hairspray and you will be good to go.
BRAIDED CROWN – BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
POMPADOUR BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
Do you want to create a hairstyle which will leave every person you pass by wondering how much bucks you paid your hairstylist for that look. Try this easy but cute pompadour black natural hairstyle and you will testify to me the following morning by in boxing me or commenting on this post.
HOW TO CREATE AND STYLE POMPADOUR BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
Styling pompadour hairstyles for black hair will entirely depend on the loon you want to create. For a chic and sexy look begin by combing all your hair down so that it’s straight and free from tangles. Remember to apply styling products and moisturizer to make your hair nourished all the time and soft for easy styling.
Section off some good amounts of hair at the front depending on the size of the bump or pompadour you want to create. Apply some little hair spray and brush it forward from the roots to the ends to make it smooth.
Option 1: Hold the middle of the hair in the front section, twist it a little, place it on your head then push it a little forward to create a bump at the front before pinning it in place.
Option 2: Hold the ends of hair in that section, place two fingers beneath it then roll inwards as you move towards your face. When you reach your hairline secure the bump in place using a couple of bobby pins.
Now that you are done styling the front section, it’s time for you to choose how the back section will look like. This will entirely depend on your personal preference and your age.
Option 1: You can just smooth your hair to the back, grab a few bobby pins and pin the sides up. This will create a chic look and can be styled by black women below 35.
Option 2: Gather the remaining hair at the back and secure it into a low or high ponytail. You can also move it to one side of your head to form a side ponytail.
Option 3: Turn the ponytail into a new and unique style. Grab all the remaining hair and put it into a ponytail slightly below the crown of your head. Secure the ponytail with a loose hair elastic. Hold the remaining ponytail hair fold it inwards so that its ends are at the base of the ponytail. You can add another hair elastic to combine and secure the ponytail and its ends together. This will create a nice unique look at the back which will make your hairstyle outstanding in a crown of many ladies with different updos.
TWO-STRAND FLAT TWIST – BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
BRAIDED UPDO – BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE
ROLL UPDO – BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLE