African ladies generally have short hair thus the need to clearly understand and know the type of short hairstyle which looks great on them. As we were compiling this post, we have featured the 20 best and cute African American short hairstyles which will look elegant and stunning on black women with naturally short hair.
African American hair is generally short, thick and curly making it a little difficult to style to look glamorous to
whichever function you are dressing for. Well, I should say congratulations coz we have got you covered with some of the best African American short hairstyle which will make heads turn and necks bend to whoever spots you.
We have included the step by step descriptions on how to style each African American short hair, the hair products and tools you will need plus the recommended face shapes which will look great with each short hairstyle thus the need not to worry of anything.
HOW TO STYLE AFRICAN AMERICAN SHORT HAIR WITH A FLATIRON
1) Short African American hair looks pretty cool when you know which hairstyle best compliments your face shape and hair length. In this post today, we will be sharing with you the basic tips on how you can style short African American hair using just a flat iron.
2) To begin with, prepare your hair ready for styling by ensuring that it’s thoroughly clean and dry for easy styling. If you washed your hair in the morning during a morning shower that’s fine, but in case you feel that your hair is kind of dirty, feel free to wash it again with clean water, apply shampoo and hair conditioner to make it soft and keep it moisturized. Place a clean towel over your head to absorb excess water from your hair then allow it to naturally dry by air. For scenarios when you are in a rush, you can use a blow-dryer to help you quickly dry your hair.
3) When your hair is thoroughly dry, grab your comb or hairbrush and brush it down to remove any tangles or knots.
4) Apply Styling cream in this case we will be using mizani iron curly hairstyling and curling cream to the entire hair on your head starting at the roots as you move towards the ends of your hair.
5) Section off your hair so that it’s easy for you to thoroughly work on one section at a time. When styling your hair, plan your design (think about where you want your curls to be and the design or shape you want them to have so that you curl your hair in the direction you will be styling).
6) Grab your flat iron and start styling your hair. When styling strands at the front, make sure you place the flat iron at the base or roots of your hair then turn the flat iron as you bring it out of the strand to add a little bend to create some wisp on your face.
7) While your hair is still warm, comb it to a style you want it to be coz when it cools it holds shape.
8) Keeping in mind the style you are creating, repeat the above directions as you style the entire head. When at the sides, back and the top sections remember to turn the flat iron downwards as you bring it out of the strand to add a little bend. I.e. at the front direct forwards, in the sides direct downwards towards your ears while at the back direct downwards towards the nape of your neck.
9) You can add a moisturizer before curling it and in this case you don’t have to use a hairspray after styling it. However, in case you didn’t use a moisturizer at the beginning, apply hairspray at the end to hold your hair in place and shape.
Hair Products & Tools You Will Need
- Flat iron
- Hair clip
- Styling cream
- Hair moisturizer
Recommended Face Shapes
This cute African American short hairstyle will look great on ladies with different or various face shapes. Try to style your hair in a way that compliments your facial features for a trendy, chic and romantic look.
NATURAL AFRICAN AMERICAN SHORT HAIRSTYLES
LAYERED SHORT HAIRSTYLES FOR AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN
African American ladies have really nice short hair which can be cut and styled into layers. In this write-up we will share with you the different ways you can style layered hairstyles for African American women. Though some people think that African American hair is kind of hair to trim or cute into layers, well I should say just stick reading this post till the end and trust me you will have perfect layers in your short African American hair.
HOW TO STYLE LAYERED HAIRSTYLES FOR AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN
1) Before cutting or trimming your African American short hair to layers, you need to determine the kind of layer you would like to have. In this case we will consider short layers as this hairstyle is about styling short African American hair.
2) You can use magazines, online hairstyle blogs to determine the kind of layers you would like to have.
3) Begin styling your hair by sectioning off the hair to help you keep the length in the bottom of your hair and around your face to have the perfect layers on top part of your hair to maintain the length and have defined layers.
4) Now it’s time for you to start cutting or trimming and holding your hair in position so that you receive the layers in the areas of the head which you would like or prefer.
5) Do texturizing and point cutting to achieve the desired look so that the layers follows nice and natural.
6) After cutting and trimming your hair to the desired look brush your hair down then apply hairspray to hold the style in place & you are done cutting and styling layered hairstyles for African American women.
Hair Products &Tools You Will Need
- Trimming Clips
- Pair Of Scissors
- Hair Clips
- Styling Products
- Hair Moisturizer
Recommended Face Shapes
This cute short African American hairstyle which will look great on black women with short hair and long faces. Face shapes such as oblong, oval, heart, triangular, mentions it will definitely be the winner for this African American short hairstyle.
CURLY AFRICAN AMERICAN SHORT HAIRSTYLE
PIXIE AFRICAN AMERICAN SHORT HAIRSTYLE
This is a cute and trendy African American short hairstyle which will make you look 5 years younger than your actual age. It’s one of my favorite short hairstyle which I like about black or African American women. It’s super-hot, super cute and compliments their face shapes making them look like little angels.
HOW TO STYLE PIXIE AFRICAN AMERICAN SHORT HAIRSTYLE
1) Begin by applying leave-in hair conditioner to prepare your hair for styling so that it’s soft, shiny and easy when styling.
2) Use a wide tooth comb to gently detangle the hair and evenly distribute the product throughout the entire hair on your head.
3) Start the molding process by spraying with detail extra hold setting lotion on the crown of your hair then comb through for even distribution of the product.
4) Using an ionic blow-dryer and a wide tooth comb, dry your hair at the crown at the same time stretching the hair at the crown using the teeth of the comb.
5) Get small amounts of Composition wrapping lotion in your palm as a measure, then apply to the temple and nape area of your hair. Comb the product through to mold and smooth the hair line.
6) Secure the mold by wrapping a styling strip around the head then
7) Place your head under a pre-heated hooded dryer to completely or thoroughly dry your hair.
8) When the hair is thoroughly dry, remove the styling strip and apply small amounts of sleek essentials to enhance the sheen in your hair and protect your hair from heat during the thermal styling process.
9) Create a U-Shaped parting at the crown using the tail of a rat-tail comb to section off the hair for styling.
10)Using the Phusion 10 millimeter titanium iron and taking small partings around the crest line, bend the hair in a C-Shape pattern then comb through when it’s still warm to loosen the curls before it sets for a softer look.
11)For longer hair at the crown, use the Phusion 31 millimeter titanium iron to create the C-Shape pattern. Continue curling till when all your hair around the crown is in a C-shape pattern.
12)Comb through your hair to shape it in a way you like it then apply hair spray to keep it in place. Finish the look by applying small amounts of pomade to make your hair shine and smell nice after styling & you will be good to go.
Hair Products & Tools You Will Need
- Leave-In Hair Conditioner
- Wide Tooth Comb
- Extra-Hold Setting Lotion
- Ionic Blow-Dryer
- Composition Wrapping Lotion
- Styling Strip
- Pre-Heated Hooded Dryer
- Sleek Essentials
- Phusion 10 Millimeter Titanium Iron
- Phusion 31 Millimeter Titanium Iron
Recommended Face Shapes
What am sure of is that this is a super cute short African American hairstyle which will look great on ladies with all face shapes. The styling will determine the look which you want to create. Try styling it in a way that flatters your face shape to a super-hot and chic look then you will be good to go.
Cute African American Short Hairstyles
More African Americn Short Hairstyles